Dead Space 2 crashes, freezes and lags both on newer machines as well as on and old gaming PC. Follow the instructions given below to fix Dead Space 2 crash.
Check System Requirements
Make sure your system meets minimum system requirement to play the game without crashes. Your system should have:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.
Processor: 3 GHz Intel P-IV
Drivers: ATi Radeon 9600 128 MB or nVidia GetForce 6600 128 MB
HDD: Minimum of 7.5 GB of free space
Set the Affinity
If you are on Quad Core, you should set affinity to fix Dead Space 2 crash. Follow the steps given below to set affinity.
1. Close all other applications and start the game.
2. Press Alt + Tab through keyboard to get out of game.
3. Open Task Manager | Right Click on game | Set affinity
4. Set core 0 and 1. It should fix your problem.
Check Optimus Settings
If your machine uses nVidia Optimus card, you should check the optimus settings by applying steps given below. Changing optimus setting would fix Dead Space 2 crash on your PC.
1. Close your game.
2. Open nVidia CP (Control Panel) through Start menu.
3. Select a task, from left panel | Open 3D settings | Manage 3D settings
4. Click on Program Settings on right panel.
5. Select a program | Add | Navigate to application / exe file.
6. Select preferred graphics | High-performance nVidia processor | Click on Apply
7. Launch the game.
Run Game is Windowed Mode
You can play most games in Windowed mode to fix Dead Space 2 crash. To play the game in Windowed mode, follow the instructions given below.1. Close your game.
2. Right click on Game’s shortcut | Select Properties
3. Add “ -window at the end” in the Target field
5. Start playing the game
Change Parameters of Settings.txt file
Dead space 2 crash can be due to settings.txt file on your system. Create backup and make changes to settings.txt by applying instructions given below.
1. Close the game.
2. Make sure your folder options are set to “show hidden files and folders”
2. Navigate to C:/Users/User Name/AppData/Local/Electronic Arts/Dead Space
3. Change parameters of settings.txt ( Window.Top = 0, Window.Left = 0)
Manage Background Services
Too many programs running in background can cause Dead Space 2 crash. Manage background running services using Microsoft configuration utility.
1. Click on Start | Search
2. Type “MSCONFIG” without quotes and press Enter
3. Double click on executable file (msconfig.exe)
4. Click on Services tab | Uncheck unwanted services
a. Update device drivers.
b. Disable your Antivirus and Windows Defender
c. Disable SLI / Crossfire
d. Disable V-sync, anti-aliasing and filtering
e. Disable Desktop Composition
f. Refresh your system